August 1, 2009

Maureen Shields Paintings


I have some time this afternoon to sit in front of the computer for a little while (with a cold glass of water and a big fan blowing on me, of course), so I thought I'd finally share some of my favorite artists from Renegade Craft San Fransisco with you.

The first artist whose work really popped our at me was Maureen Shields. It could have been the vibrant colors she uses (I'm addicted to anything turquoise right now), or the amusing animal-people she paints in high-contrast retro styles.

Not only do Maureen's paintings feature bold dayglo colors, but most of her original work is done on wooden plaques. My future home has a wall that is just screaming out for one of these masterpieces!

[Purchase from mosie26.etsy.com or Artist Xchange in San Francisco, CA]

2 comments:

Unknown August 2, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Oh! So lovely!!! Thanks for sharing:)

Adrian October 7, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Yep, I have some of her stuff on my wall, really makes the room come alive!
Her collages are amazing as well.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP