April 30, 2009

Emmeline Jewelry


While checking out the new artisan work from the Portland metalworkers guild last weekend, I stumbled upon the beautiful work of Miel Paredes for Emmeline Studio. Her jewelry line is made from sheets of stainless steel which have been cut and brushed by hand.

This style lends itself perfectly to the bold filigree style earrings and pendants Miel makes. My favorites were the dragonfly wings, which are layered on top of each other so they move independently when worn! I don't wear normal pierced earrings, but I think this would make a great pendant for me. Would it be weird to wear a dragonfly pendant over top of my dragonfly chest tattoo?

[http://emmelinestudio.etsy.com]

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP