March 30, 2009

Paypal troubles?

I heard that something is going on over at Paypal that's causing new customers to have to wait multiple days before being approved for an account. Last I heard, no one needed a Paypal account to make a credit card payment to an account holder, but maybe things have changed.

I switched my website shopping cart and Etsy site over to "all Paypal, all the time" payment acceptance last fall, since it's cheaper for me, and much simpler for me to process. I don't want to force my customers to have to deal with Paypal's finicky nature right now, so I've added the normal credit card option back to the cart. You can now pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover on either website! Yay!

If you'd like to purchase something on Etsy without using Paypal, just select the "Other" payment option when checking out, and wait for me to send you an invoice for you order. You can then pay it online on a SSL secure server.

I've also been considering creating a layaway plan for people who'd like to buy something, but don't have all the cash right away. I could send monthly invoices for a percentage of the balance, and ship your items when it's paid off. Does anyone think this would be helpful?

[This photo is completely irrelevant to the post, but I couldn't wait to share some more of the new fused jewelry I've been working on! I got the last batch back from the studio today, and I'll be listing things on Etsy as early as Wednesday!]

1 comments:

LeaKarts April 1, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

You can pay with a credit card on PayPal, but the link is small & I've had to walk several people through it. I have been thinking of layaway too! I think it's a great idea for higher ticket items.

I love the necklaces!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP