February 14, 2009

Rupert vs. Fire



Rupert is fascinated by the simplest things. Most cats learn not to play with fire pretty quickly, and he singed his eyebrows off during the first encounter he had with a candle. I took this candle away after I finished filming (he'd been batting at it for a little while without injury) and went straight for the nearest lamp to stick his face into. He also likes to put his toes into the heater grate.

I didn't realize until later that he'd singed his brow whiskers off again. No more candles around the house unless they're far away from where he can get his little face!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

That is hilarious, cute, and alarming -- all at the same time! My cat would sniff at the candle and then turn tail and walk away (and they were always unscented). *sigh* I miss having a kitty.

Amanda February 14, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

Maybe the problem is that this is an Autumn Comfort candle that smells like cinnamon buns. It's very appealing, and may be frustrating if I burned myself while trying to immerse my face in its essence.

I hope you can get a kitty soon, Jess! I'm a firm believer that everyone who wants a kitty should have one. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP