February 26, 2009

Cannolis can fix anything


Ever since my good friend, Caitlin, gave me some marscapone cheese she couldn't use, I've been searching for cannoli shells to make some of these creamy treats! I finally found some at Pastaworks, and I rushed home to whip some up. I'm pretty sure I could have found a recipe for the shells, but I just didn't have the time. I modified the filling recipe on the box to include marscapone as well as the standard ricotta, and these completely hit the spot.

You should be able to get your own shells from a local bakery or specialty food store. The filling is super-ridiculously easy to make, and you can still fill them without a pastry bag. You just spoon some into a plastic sandwich bag, twist the open end of the bag closed, and snip off the tip of the other end to create a spout. Garnish with chocolate curls, dried fruit, or powdered cocoa (like I did). Enjoy!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP