May 9, 2009

Teal


I've been working on making lots of tiny little "chiclet" glass pieces (remember those little colorful pillow-squares of gum that you could get from a vending machine for 25 cents??). They're so fun! I just got this great new teal color, which I've been using a lot since I ran out of blue, green and tomato red. I'm waiting for more glass to come in, and I'm replacing the cyan blue with a slightly more rich turquoise color.

My question to all of you lovely people is--What should I do with them? I'm making them into earrings (for about $20 a pair) and adjustable rings (for $10-12). The larger pendants I've been making are kind of hefty, so I'm thinking maybe I could turn some of these little guys into mini-pendants for about $10. Would you like that? I can also put them on sturdy bobby-pin style hairclips.

I don't want to have too many new items, but variety is the spice of life. I'm putting a poll on the sidebar (to the right) so you can tell me about your favorite colorful accessories! Let me know what you want to see!

4 comments:

Leah May 9, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

my mother used to always have chiclets in her purse :)

your glass chiclets are awesome

court May 11, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

what about making them into magnets?

court

Unknown May 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

What fun! The possibilities are endless!

michelle May 11, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I think 3-5 of those made into a bulky bracelet would be awesome. it sounds like a lot of work, but 3 yarn chiclets in different colors, with maybe a big silver circlet in between each?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP