May 5, 2009

Getting Press for Your Online Business

I taught a little workshop last week on how to get press for your online shop by writing press releases. There was a lot of interest in the contents of this workshop from people who couldn't attend in person, since most people don't know how to contact media people with a modern press release.

I decided that instead of passing around the two pages of class notes that I had, I would turn them into a much longer document. This document will become a much more comprehensive ebook that I'll sell for less than $10 as a PDF file.

I thought I could get this put together in a day or two after the workshop (since I started out with about 7 pages of material!), but it's taking longer to flesh out all the ideas and add graphics. After I get it all together, I'll also need some friends to proof-read it for me before it's sale-worthy. I've already got some friends lined up to do my final editing, and I'll keep you all up to date on the status of the ebook as it gets closer to publication.

Once it's finished, I'm going to be giving away two copies for free! There will be instructions for entering the giveaway here on the blog, and also through Twitter. There's also a new widget on the sidebar you may have noticed, which publishes my Twitter feed here as well. Check back to get the rules for entry. If you have an online business, you'll definitely want to learn how to get free publicity for it!

2 comments:

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} May 15, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Great idea! I would love to do a press release so I can't wait until you have your ebook ready :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP