May 20, 2009

Slide-Top Tins!

I almost couldn't contain my excitement over this new project, so I feel like I've been holding my breath until now! Months ago, I got some adorable little slide-top tins from my friend, Lea, who runs a supply shop. I'm sure you've seen these little guys around, usually with gorgeous washi paper adorning their tops.

I didn't really have a use for mine when I bought them, but I've held onto them anyway, waiting for inspiration to strike. Just last week, I thought we should try sandblasting one just to see what would happen. I'm so stunned by the result, that I had to make a little video of the tin to show you!



Not only could I use these for packaging my new earrings, but I could also customize them for other crafty-people. I could do logos, product names (for lip balms and such) or just keep doing my own designs. What do you think? :D

8 comments:

Passionknitly May 21, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

I think you should consider selling them as well! Those are HOT!

LeaKarts May 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Those are freaking awesome!!! Wow, I am really amazed at the result. Great idea! I think you should have a handful of your own designs to choose from, as well as taking custom orders. Sweet!

Leah May 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

good lookin! I like the effect!

autumn May 21, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

Those are great Amanda. I think that's a terrific idea. And by the way you have very nice fingernails. I'm very jealous.

Mary Kelly May 21, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

I want one! I could make mini business cards to put in them. Also would just be handy to have in the purse to hold change or loose earrings.

I totally want a couple with my logo. How much would they cost?

Also want those earrings.. ooohh shiny

Amanda May 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

LOL! Autumn, thank you! I'm sort of surprised, myself, that my fingernails didn't look too ratty. ;)

Still figuring out prices for those tins... I'd want to make them cheap enough that I could wholesale them to people for just a couple bucks apiece.

Yeah, they'd be great for holding Moo cards and other stuff. I have one of MissPurl's with stitch markers in it for my knitting. It's perfect!

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap May 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

what a cool little tin! can't wait to see what you put on all of them

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP