January 16, 2009

Botticelli Boxes


Even though I'm always so excited at the beginning of each new year to post my new calendar, I always feel guilty getting rid of the old one! This year, I had 12 glossy pages of Botticelli's paintings that I just couldn't put into the recycling bin.

I trimmed down each calendar page and folded them into lidded Botticelli boxes! My friend, Danielle, taught me how to do these little origami wonders. [I've actually adapted the steps to fold the corners in on themselves instead of cutting the paper, but that's mostly because I can never find my scissors once I finally sit down to fold a stack of boxes!] The best part about them is that the bottoms are as pretty as the tops of the boxes, so I can flip them over when I get tired of seeing the top painting.

1 comments:

Ilia January 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

I have been making all my gift boxes in a similar way but I just LOOOOOOVE the Botticelli paper you used! Gorgeous!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP