January 15, 2009

Monkey World

I love picking out new calendars every year, and this year I was fortunate enough to have discovered Matthew Porter and his Monkey World at the UCU fair last month. Each month features little monkey-people in new adventurous settings. January has a giant octopus attacking the monkey-pirates and their ship! February is a safari setting with a tiger. How great is that?

Just looking through the pages of Mr. Porter's beautifully painted artwork is inspiring for me, which is why I'm so thrilled that the calendar came with a mini coloring book calendar! Holy cow!! It's about a quarter of the size of the original, and it features close-ups of a monkey character from each month's artwork, all ready to be colored in. I can't tell you how exciting that is for me.

You can buy your own Monkey World calendar from Amazon right here, or check out Matthew's other children's books (including an absolute must-have ABC book!) here.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP