November 6, 2008

Sandblasting: Day One


Newsflash: my husband, Sean, is now the first full-time employee of Bread and Badger (besides myself), and he's been helping me make our new sandblasting gear operational. Today was our first day of blasting (ever!!), and we had some great results!

We'll be switching over to mostly sandblasted products from now on, with hand-engraving options for one-of-a-kind pieces. There's a lot to do before the transition is complete, but we're working lots of overtime to make it happen.

Check out my Flickr photo set of the day's activities to see more of what went down. It was exciting!

On a side note, I got paid by Urban Outfitters today, so my glasses will be appearing in their stores very soon, if they haven't made it there already. Let me know if you spot them first!

4 comments:

Passionknitly November 7, 2008 at 6:16 AM  

That's REALLY friggin cool! I'll have to check it out at Urban Outfitters!

Unknown November 7, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

So cool! Your studio looks great, and it looks like you guys are having fun.

autumn November 11, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

So freaking awesome Amanda. They look great!

Mary Kelly November 17, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

congrats! I'm so happy for you guys.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP