June 11, 2008

Teamwork is Terrific!

Since moving to Portland, I've been lucky enough to meet some amazing crafty folks through the PDX Etsy team (currently renaming ourselves as we become a co-op!). I was immediately enthralled by glass artist Leah Pellegrini's beautiful mobiles, and we quickly worked out a collaborative project.

Using glass scraps from other projects, Leah has created two sets of fused discs, which I've etched with my original designs. One set is a beautiful array of greens adorned with organic-shaped bare trees, the other is icy blues which have cute ocean critters on them. Leah's sturdy mobiles are perfect for hanging indoors or out, and are carefully handcrafted to withstand the tests of time.

We're still testing the waters with this creative endeavor, but I can't wait to work with Leah again since I'm dying to see some other great mobiles come to life (robots, anyone?)!!

1 comments:

LeaKarts June 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

I love these! It's so fun to see them now that they are all put together now--I was just checking out the little video clip on Leah's blog showing the mobile in action :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP