June 9, 2008

Dr. McNinja

Look what I just made! This is a gift for Dr. McNinja comic creator and artist, Chris Hastings. I hope he likes it.

This is the first of many planned gifts for the creators of my favorite webcomics. As a self-employed artist, I wanted a way to give something back to these great creative folks who put their work out there on the internet for free. I can't afford to buy books and t-shirt from all of them (even though I'd like to!) so hopefully they'll appreciate this token of my appreciation.

I'd like to encourage everyone out there to take a peak at the awesome webcomics in my sidebar, buy something from their creators if you can, or find one nice thing to do for your favorite internet artist today. Just sending a positive fan letter makes a big difference in someone's life who offers their art publicly. You don't have to be shy!The design for this pint glass was based on this panel, where the good doctor has been possessed by an ear-ghost. The storyline is pure genius.

2 comments:

LeaKarts June 11, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

That is such a cool idea! I'm sure he'll love it. I have a friend who is an awesome comic book artist--you should check him out--
http://www.brianchurilla.com/

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP