November 18, 2009

Recycled Tots Packaging


We're very lucky, here in Portland, because we have Carton Service. I've been stopping in there about once a week to get recycled packing peanuts, large shipping boxes and whatever other awesomeness I can fit in my car (I can't fit a whole lot with 2 enormous bags of peanuts in there). Carton Service buys and sells packaging products for shipping or moving, and I wouldn't be able to run my business without them.

When we package our glassware to ship out to customers, we use a lot of crumpled newspaper to fill the boxes. Last holiday season, we kept running out of newspaper to use, so we had to buy unprinted newsprint in sheets and rolls.

We discovered that Carton Service has rolls of unused plastic-coated paper, which apparently, came from a frozen tater tots company! This paper is fantastic for our packaging, and I always keep a spare roll on hand in case my newspaper supply runs out. We got this roll recently, and it weighs a full 60 pounds!! If you order something from us online during the holidays, don't be surprised if you find this recycled tots paper in your box.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP