June 6, 2009

Birthday Decompression

So, tomorrow is my birthday! I don't have any real plans this year, so I'm taking the day off. Yes, you heard me right. I'm taking the day off. I'm not going to respond to any emails. I'm not going to edit the photos I took today of new products. Instead, I'm going to read, make strawberry jam, listen to Daft Punk Alive, and play video games on my brand new (used) Xbox 360! This is a dream come true.

Sean even spent today cleaning the apartment and folding laundry so I won't have to do any of that tomorrow. We went out for dinner last night with our friend, Michael, and the shiny snail above is the remnants of my lamb chop meal. Montage sure knows how to make leftovers pretty!

I'm going to turn 27 calmly, and quietly. There are a lot of things that I haven't done yet, that I'd imagined I would have done by this point in my life. It's interesting to reflect and see how different my path in life was from my expectations. When I was little, I certainly never imagined I'd own my own internet business! Crazy! I thought I'd be a homemaker and children's book illustrator. But I'm glad I've taken this route. And I'm excited to have so many things ahead of me!

2 comments:

Diane Gilleland June 7, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on taking a whole day off, and congratulations on all you've accomplished this year. Dang, at this rate, you'll be a mogul by the time you're my age!

LeaKarts June 8, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

That sounds like a fabulous birthday!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP