September 3, 2008

Jessica Joslin: Not quite taxidermy


Okay, so I know you're all probably sick of the dead stuff that I keep writing about. So I gave you a week off. Now, back to creepy animal sculptures!

Jessica Joslin creates the absolutely most amazing sculptures I have ever seen. She uses real animal bones, antique hardware, brass, leather, and whatever else she comes across, to make these scary-cute not-so-cuddly critters.

Her website has tons of photos of her work, including close-up shots so you can really stare her creatures in the eyes. Her creepy kitties are on my perpetual wishlist, as long as they don't give my real cat nightmares. Luckily, she has a coffeetable book available now, so you can collect her art without having to find a place to put that 3 1/2 foot tall flamingo and turtle shell sculpture.

1 comments:

Where's Domo? September 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP