September 19, 2008

Jesse Reno


Jesse Reno is another artist whose work is displayed at the salon where I get my hair cut. His paintings are colorful and energetic with a primitive feeling to them. Layers of paint and words and symbols make his work fascinating to stare at for hours on end. It's also complimentary to Lana's work, making their side-by-side displays somehow seem grander than the sum of their parts.

Maybe their work plays so nicely together because they both live above the salon, and they feed off each other's inspiration? I couldn't tell you. But I know that it's beautiful, and I look forward to sitting in that chair just so I can catch another glimpse into their artistic souls.

Check out Jesse's website for a cool video about his process and a little peak into his studio.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP