October 3, 2008

B&B + Urban Outfitters


So, the big news of the year that I've been dying to announce is that Bread and Badger is collaborating with Urban Outfitters! That's right, the big UO heard about our mustache pint glasses last month, and decided they'd like to carry them in their stores!

I've been scrambling to get things together for this big order, but I'm still way behind on my production capabilities. If I were to hand-etch each of these glasses, they may not be done for many months! I've decided to license my artwork to Urban, so they can produce as many as they'd like, and still be able to get them this fall. They'll be carrying Robot, Mustache and Bicycle pint glasses, made from my designs!

They tested out the robot design with two production methods: one is sandblasted, and the other is a "simulated-etch" permanent decal. (From left to right in the photo above: original hand-etching, sandblasted, sim-etch.) I actually preferred the sim-etch (it'll stand out nicely in their stores and will still be different from my own glasses), so it looks like that's what they're going to produce. It's a little weird to see my design on something I didn't make, but I think they're going to turn out awesome! They also aren't limited by size, so the robots can fill up the front of the glasses nicely.

I'm still trying to outfit my new studio with sandblasting equipment, so I'll be ready for the next big order (cross your fingers!). It's a slow process, learning about all the necessary tools and machinery, so it still might be a ways off in Bread and Badger's future. This has all been a fantastic learning experience for me, and I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity to grow my business, and to grow as a business owner!

7 comments:

gilana October 3, 2008 at 4:21 AM  

That's awesome, congrats!

LeaKarts October 3, 2008 at 7:13 AM  

Congratulations!!! I am so exited for you!

Adrienne October 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Yer famous!!!
Way to go lady!

Amanda October 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Thanks, guys!!! I'm going to congratulate myself when this is all over by purchasing some beer that doesn't come in a can. ;)

Salmon Street Studio October 4, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Rock on Amanda!
It is cool to see your hard work nearing payoff.
(and I was surprised to note that I liked the decal one more too, weirdly I thought that was the sb one before I read your description).

ps
even Zoe will be happy about the beer ; )

autumn October 5, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

How awesome Amanda. I love both of those designs. But I still want to get some pints with the badgers on them. They are my favorite. Do you still do the badger ones? I saw them along time ago, but looked a your shop a bit ago and didn't see em. I will go check again now.........OK, don't see them. Maybe a custom order???

Amanda October 7, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

Autumn, I did used to have badger pendants!

I think I only have a few colors left... If I don't have the color you'd like, I'd be happy to make one for you. :)

There will be new badger pendants on the way too, with other exciting designs!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP