September 2, 2009

Hands On Handmade


I asked everyone if they thought it was important to have handmade products signed, dated, initialed or otherwise marked by their maker, and the results came back with a resounding "yes". After I read the first few responses, I came to agree wholeheartedly.

I was tired of putting in the work when I didn't think it was being noticed, but the problem was just that I wasn't hearing the feedback about that tiny detail. I've always tried to keep my creations separate from the soulless mass-produced stuff that you see on most shelves, and this is one of the most important ways to do that.

If I could mark each one with my logo, or business name, or write a friendly note on each one, I would in a heartbeat. But until I find an economical way to do it, I'll just be signing my initials on each glass (and ceramic) thing we make. And I'm really glad to hear that it's appreciated! <3

1 comments:

jess September 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you're going to keep doing this. It's so great to see your initials on our glasses and be reminded of what a wonderful artist we've purchased from. Your correspondence was always so warm and friendly, and the initials and date only adds to the warm feelings associated with our items. :~)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP