October 13, 2008

LOLart: i does it!

I finished my submission for the LOLcats Art Show in San Francisco!

The show is being held at Varnish Gallery (77 Natoma Street at 2nd Street, in downtown San Francisco), and the opening is October 23rd. I'm not planning on going to the opening, since it's a bit of a drive for me, but I really want to!

I'm really nervous because I feel like I interpreted the objective less creatively than most people. A "lolcat" picture is basically a found photo of a cat in a silly pose (not known for its artistic merits as a photo) with some less-than-grammatically-correct-English text over it. So, to bring that to a 3-dimensional level, I took a found vase with little artistic merit of its own, and applied one of my favorite silly cats plus text.

May not be as original an idea as what some other artists are coming up with (although, I haven't seen anyone elses' work yet), I'm hoping it makes at least one person smile. It was really fun to make! And this is what I spend all my days doing anyway: drawing on glass. Very fun! ;)

3 comments:

LeaKarts October 13, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Made me smile! You are so awesome :) Good luck with the contest!

Jan October 30, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

Do want! (are these vases available somewhere?)

Amanda October 30, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

Actually, I only made this one for the show! As far as I know, it's been auctioned off, but I'll let you know if it's available.

I could certainly make one like it for you, if you don't mind a different vase. Since I like to use reclaimed vases, I only had one like this! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP