May 30, 2008

Just trust me on this one



While searching for good a capella versions of Phil Collins songs the other night, (never thought I'd say that, now did you?) I came across this amazing beatbox rendition of "In the Air Tonight" performed by Naturally7 on a Paris subway car.

Not only have Naturally7 made the song their own, but it's just cool that they can perform live in such cramped conditions and make white ladies rock out. I wish I had been one of those white ladies (with better hair, maybe).

The band also has a professional video of their version of the song here with links to their website.

Another great a capella version of "In the Air Tonight" is here, performed by The Exboyfriends, who just broke up in April.

5 comments:

Unknown May 30, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

That's totally one of the best a capella Genesis covers I've ever heard. Come to think of it, it might be the only a capella Genesis cover I've ever heard... Cool anyway.

A quick note on your earphone situation... I heartily recommend these:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/etymotic-er-6-isolator/4505-7877_7-30684099.html

They block out sound *amazingly* well and probably sound better than any headphones you've ever heard. They'll keep you from going deaf trying to block out your drill and you'll hear detail in your music / books (ok, maybe not necessary for books) that you never knew was there.

How's Portland anyway?

Word,

LL

Amanda May 30, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

I've thought about buying those headphones in the past (maybe not that exact brand, but now I know which ones I *should* buy--thanks!), but decided against them because of the price. They're on my wishlist though. They would be a business expense if I did buy them... hmm.

I saw an instructible or something about turning your noise-blocking headphones (those giant, around your ears kind) into noise-canceling music headphones by splicing some headphone speakers into them. I thought I'd try that, but of course, I never will.

Portland is awesome! I hear fireworks, and I think the Rose Festival starts this weekend.

Keep in touch!

-Amanda

Anonymous,  June 1, 2008 at 5:48 AM  

That was pretty neat!

Check out this totally unrelated thing:

http://davario.livejournal.com/30861.html

Also, one of our neighbor's plants attacked our house last night. Crazy times!!!

-V & T

LeaKarts June 1, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

Have I told you yet that I think you are awesome? Well there, now I did :)

Amanda June 1, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Aaaw, thanks Lea! You are awesome too!! :)

V & T, I've heard of (and seen some of) the "Draw Yourself as a Teenager" project. That's one band wagon I'm totally going to have to hop onto!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP