July 15, 2008

Plutostar


A while back, I was contacted by a prospective customer who wanted some custom shot glasses made for her. She suggested that we trade for an item in her Etsy shop, so I took a peak. I'm not a big jewelry person, but something about her work caught my eye from the beginning.

Plutostar offers modern jewelry made from sterling silver, copper, and brass, and it's obvious that she has an eye for detail. I was immediately taken by her textured rings, which range in shape from the traditional to the daring.

I eventually (after a lot of indecision) asked her to surprise me with a simple ring that wouldn't be too delicate or girly. The above ring is what she came up with, and I completely love it! It's lightweight, comfortable, and goes with just about everything I own. I couldn't be happier with our trade. It also made a perfect birthday splurge gift for myself!

Although I can't trade for everything, it never hurts to ask. Some sellers thrive on trades, and you might really make someone's day if you offer an exchange. Just be willing to gracefully back down if your offer is declined, since it's never anything personal.

(You can purchase this gorgeous ring for yourself here.)

1 comments:

LeaKarts July 15, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

What a great ring! I'll have to go peek in her shop too :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP