July 25, 2008

Atomic Glassworks


I've admired Atomic Glassworks' fused glass pendants before I was ever making jewelry of my own. Glass artist, Erin Crane, chooses eye-popping colors and applies each bold design by hand through a painstaking process. Last weekend, I was lucky enough to meet Erin in person at the Summer Arts and Crafts Market, where I picked up a shiny gray Sakura blossom pendant!

I'm in the process of overhauling my pendant-making process, and I've turned to Erin to help me learn about the wonderful world of glass fusing. With her help (and a lot of practice!) I hope to make some pretty new things!

Check out Atomic Glassworks' Etsy shop for immediately available designs, or her Myspace page to see more of her previous work. If live in Portland, you should come can see her glassware in person, since the colors and designs are luscious in person!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP