Wow, this is my 200th post! Pretty exciting, eh? I feel like I should celebrate somehow...
Instead, I'll ramble a bit about the crazy stuff going on in my life, in case you're interested. Because I like lists, I'll format it so it's easier to get through.
1. Every day, we fix something important on our house (rewiring electrical outlets, caulking windows, patching missing siding, removing broken garbage disposals, etc.), and every day, we discover something new that needs to be done (broken ductwork in the crawlspace, more scary electrical outlets, doorknobs that don't fit on their doors, etc.). It's rewarding, but exhausting.
2. We're about to travel across the country to my little sister's wedding. We have so much planned for this trip, including visits with all manner of friends and family, for every minute of our excursion to the east coast. I've even got business meetings scheduled, just to cover all the bases.
This will be a long time away from our cat, and from the business and the house and all the projects we've started. It's really difficult for me to leave, even though I'm excited about the vacation. There's so much we have to do to get ready for this trip.
3. My friend, Lea, has just started helping us out with business stuff. She's a total life-saver! We're really behind on making stock for the holidays, and she's started coming over to lend a hand. Yay, Lea!!
4. Even though we're going away for a week, I don't like to shut down my website. I don't want people to think we're out of business, or anything. Instead, I pray that people don't mind waiting a few extra days for items to ship. Then, when we return, I drop everything and spend 2-3 days packing and shipping everything like a crazy woman. It's a fabulous system.
5. I want to organize a housewarming party for our friends, but I'm still kind of embarrassed about the disaster that is our house. I hope people can look past the fugliness and see the potential that we see. DETAILS TO COME.
6. I feel out of sorts, discombobulated, and topsy-turvy right now. I'm really grateful that people are so forgiving, but I wish I could be more on top of things. I'll make it up to everyone, I promise. There will be baked goods.
In amazing footage provided to Latest Sightings, a lone male white rhinoceros who was grazing in a field at Kruger National Park in South Africa wisely dec...